This article covers how to transfer a call from your phone to either another extension on your system or an external third party on your Cisco SPA504G.
There are two types of transfer with DeskPhone: Assisted and Blind
An assisted transfer is when you place a caller on hold, place a second call to the party you want to transfer the call to and speak to that user before completing the transfer. This is useful if you want to screen or introduce the caller or if you are unsure if the party is available to take calls.
- During the call, they press Xfer
- Type either the ext number or external number you want to transfer to
- This will connect you to the target while the caller is on hold
- To complete the transfer press Xfer once more
Whilst similar to the assisted transfer, a blind transfer will transfer the call directly to your target. In other words it skips step three above.
- Press Cfer
- Dail the target ext or external number
- As soon as it rings press Xfer again to complete the transfer