Zoiper for IOS is a great softphone app that allows you to connect to any SIP account (or your DeskPhone Account) on your IOS device. The application is very easy to set up and the voice quality is excellent, ideal for when you are on the go but have access to WiFi or a good data connection. Alternatively you might want to explore DeskPhone Go for a mobile VoIP solution that doesn't require data or WiFI. By configuring Zoiper on your phone you can make and receive calls from within the app on your office landline without any additional hardware.
Zoiper Quick Stats;
- Latest Stable release:: Zoiper for IOS V2.17 - February 12th 2014
- Developer:: Securax
- Size:: 23MB
- App Store Rating:: 4+
- Compatibility:: Requires IOS 4.3 or later
- Languages Available:: English, French, Spanish & Arabic
- DeskPhone Rating:: 4/5 stars
How to install and configure Zoiper
You can install Zoiper on your IOS device by clicking here (opens app store UK) or by searching 'Zoiper' on your IOS device. Install the app on your device and open the app.
Configuring Zoiper with your SIP credentials
Whilst every service has slight differences, setting up Zoiper is generally a very simple process. Our guide below focuses on the setup of Zoiper with a DeskPhone account but save some differences in naming conventions for servers and usernames this will be a good guide for anyone looking to set up a SIP account on Zoiper for IOS with any VoIP service.
Firstly you'll want to get the correct account information to hand - use the table below to find the correct information.
After you have all the account credentials you need you can set up your Sip account.
Press [Settings] -> [+] ->[Yes] -> [Manual Configuration] -> [SIP Account]
Enter your Account credentials using the table above
After exiting the settings menu and returning to the main page you can now make and receive calls from your Deskphone account on your mobile.
- Calls can only be received when the app is in use. To keep alive in background navigate to: [Settings] -> [Incoming Calls].
- Turn [Force background] => ON
- Turn [Wi-Fi Keep Alive] => ON
- Note this will significantly reduce battery life
- Calls placed from the App will use your main CLI (caller ID).
- Calls made and received using the app will be charged the same as if placed in the UK no matter where you are - this makes it ideal when abroad.
- Please be aware of data roaming charges when using on a cellular data connection - where possible try to use a Wi-Fi connection.
As always if you have any questions or are still having problems setting up your Zoiper account please get in touch at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Thank you for reading