Zoiper for IOS is a great softphone app that allows you to connect to any SIP account (or your DeskPhone Account) on your IOS device. The application is very easy to set up and the voice quality is excellent, ideal for when you are on the go but have access to WiFi or a good data connection. Alternatively you might want to explore DeskPhone Go for a mobile VoIP solution that doesn't require data or WiFI. By configuring Zoiper on your phone you can make and receive calls from within the app on your office landline without any additional hardware.
Zoiper Quick Stats;
- Latest Stable release:: Zoiper for IOS V2.17 - February 12th 2014
- Developer:: Securax
- Size:: 23MB
- App Store Rating:: 4+
- Compatibility:: Requires IOS 4.3 or later
- Languages Available:: English, French, Spanish & Arabic
- DeskPhone Rating:: 4/5 stars
How to set up Zoiper
To configure Zoiper on your deskphone account, please email email@example.com to request a QR code. Please note that this code is only valid for 48 hours so please ensure you activate your account as soon as possible after receiving the code.
Once you have the QR Code you can then install Zoiper on your IOS device by clicking here (opens app store UK) or by searching 'Zoiper' on your IOS device.
After the app has been installed, please open Zoiper, select the Dialler and then tap the QR Code (QR icon top left).
You should then be able to scan the QR code which has been provided by our support team and this will automatically configure your account.
- Calls can only be received when the app is in use. To keep alive in background navigate to: [Settings] -> [Incoming Calls].
- Turn [Force background] => ON
- Turn [Wi-Fi Keep Alive] => ON
- Note this will significantly reduce battery life
- Calls placed from the App will use your main CLI (caller ID).
- Calls made and received using the app will be charged the same as if placed in the UK no matter where you are - this makes it ideal when abroad.
- Please be aware of data roaming charges when using on a cellular data connection - where possible try to use a Wi-Fi connection.
As always if you have any questions or are having any problems setting up your Zoiper account please email our support team firstname.lastname@example.org.